There's always this blanked out period where you will feel neither here nor there after you return from overseas after a long period of time. And then you start to realise day by day that, it's true the world never stops for anyone, and things go on no matter where you are, or what you are doing.
A few things that reminded me that changes happen every day and nothing stops for me:
1. The old canteen A where I used to study at is no longer around. Now I have to think of a new place to study.
2. The usual service 76 that I take from Paya Lebar MRT back home no longer goes the same way. It has become a loop service instead.
3. The usual Parkway carpark is so different now and I am still trying to get use to the layout.
4. The japanese food at canteen 14 becomes Tao Tai Lang instead, and I didnt get to eat the katsu curry one last time before I left.
5. All your friends are gone for internships and all of a sudden people seem to be heading off to different paths of their lives.
Somehow I have a feeling people will associate this post wrongly with something else. But it's definitely not that.
First week of school has been rather disastrous, mainly cos of my diarrhea as well as the unfortunate news all the way from Denmark. I am trying to pick up my pace for mugging, and I hope things will get better from there.
I am still convinced that Singaporeans can do with a little more smile.
My travelogue is long overdue. I need to get it done soon.
Life is back to normal Mr Chew. Wake up.