Sunday, February 21, 2010

copenhagen

I think i just made the most difficult decision of 2010 haha. i finally decided to accept the offer to go university of copenhagen, denmark, for exchange. I wasnt very eager to go actually, guess i was worried about what will happen when i leave etc. I am glad that those close to me gave me support and encouragement. Thank you.

I guess that this will be a life-changing experience. This is the first time that I am going overseas alone, or rather without anyone I know. And this will be the first time I am spending so long overseas without my family members and friends. I guess I wont find it so intimidating if I were going to an Asian country. The thought of having to live and interact with Caucasians kind of frightens me, not that I have anything against them but I think I am so cheena that it's hard for me to change. Anyway the only bonus now will be that the other person I am going with is someone I know. Probably I will take quite some time to get used to life alone and life abroad, but I am sure that I will be able to handle it eventually. Actually I am looking forward to seeing the scenery over there and experiencing the weather over there. By some chance hopefully I will get to see the northern lights over there too. I think if I get to see that it will be the best thing that happens to me in 2010.

Probably life will be quite different when I come back - no more hall, other pple ahead of me in some modules etc. But hopefully I will get all the support I need when I come back, and things will turn out fine for me.

Right now it's wait and see if I manage to get the modules I want. I anyhow submitted the courses for the first few, hopefully I wont screw up the whole thing haha.