Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday blues? Nahh.

Pretty good Monday today, for work at least. Had team lunch with the global head economist as it was his last day in office, and we went to this Indian buffet restaurant near Central. It's my first time having Indian cuisine for a meal, and it turned out to exceed my expectations. What was special about the place was there wasnt a specific price that customers must pay for the meal, but it was up to the customers to decide how much they want to pay. So technically people could be paying $0.10 or $100 for the meal they had. And I guess very often people will end up paying more than what was supposedly-required, perhaps out of a sense of guilt.

Went for an insurance talk in the afternoon, and received a portable iphone charger and a notepad. It's really amazing how much companies spend on marketing, and on things like company welfare and stuff. Was reading about how much AIG spent on staff welfare and such, and I start wondering how grossly-paid people are in this world. Yet at the same time I wish to be like them.

Irony.