Monday, May 09, 2011

Post GE and stuff.

My first meaningful contact with GE this year was when JY came and talked to me about politics and Singapore policies, and after that conversation I realised that I was lacking the relevant knowledge about Singapore's economic and social policies. Perhaps one could rightfully call me as being politically apathetic at that time. Truth was I never really did pay much attention on national policies. After that conversation I realised the short-comings I had and the lack of knowledge, so I started paying more attention to what's happening, and spent some effort reading up on things.

And I was helped with the current course I am taking now, Singapore economy, and slowly I learnt more about what's happening around me as well as the issues that were involved in the nation.

This entry wasnt meant to discuss my take on the opposition parties policies, and I know myself that I wont be able to write as well as how some people do on facebook. Perhaps I am being skeptical, but till now I still feel that some people out there who openly support the opposition party do so not because they agree with the policies. It seems like the cool thing now is to support the opposition, while not doing so simply means you are politically apathetic.

I am still quite amused that people could actually propose removing TPL and replacing her with GY. Online petition that attracted over thousand people liking the page and giving their support, and some views and comments given by people just make me wonder if we are actually politically mature or not.

Just my own opinion that doesnt deserve much attention or time for people to read it.

Back to Singapore economy.

Recommend this article, quite a good read.